Saturday, June 13, 2015

Wild Pitch: Homeruns #1



Title: Wild Pitch, (Homeruns #1)

Author: Sloan Johnson

Publisher/GR LinkGR

Genre: MM Contemporary

Vice: Athletes, OFY

Rating: 4.5/5

Lock this book up: 4 out of 5 keys.  This one is hot!  Turn on the AC 

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: HEA

Cover Impressions: Those eyes?  Love it.

Best Line: "I want you...I need to be yours."..."You already are."

SynopsisThere’s never been any question in Sean Tucker’s mind that he’d do whatever it took to make it to the major leagues and be one of the best pitchers of his time. The day he acknowledged to himself that he was gay was also the day he vowed to stay in the closet in order to chase his dreams. The problem is, he never counted on Mason Atley.

Sean showed rookie short stop Mason Atley the ropes, both on the field and off. The two forged a friendship which continued as both of them moved through the ranks of the farm system and into the majors. Unfortunately, there’s always been one secret Mason never felt he could share with Sean. Until now.

For seven years, Sean lived with the fact that he loved a man who would never reciprocate. When Mason admits that he’s always known he’s bisexual but has never allowed himself to pursue a relationship with a man, will Sean be able to put aside his reservations about starting a relationship with the friend he’d always assumed was straight? And more importantly, will they be able to find a way to stay together when their careers keep them apart more than they can be together?

Impressions:  I've loved Johnson's previous books, and I love a good sports romance, so I was excited to read this one!  It was great.  I loved that Sean and Mason know that they are meant to be together, and the conflict is more about how this can happen given their careers and their lives, but I never doubted their love or desire for each other.  I really enjoyed that this book focused on their lives and their hopes for their futures, and was not a cry inducing read.  That's not to say it didn't have its "oh crap!" moments, but they just made me turn the pages faster!

I loved getting to know the other members of Sean's team, and I am excited to read their stories too.  I am hoping we get to revisit Sean and Mason a little too.  Their lives seem to be moving in a great direction, and I am excited to see their developments too!

Lastly, I couldn't end this review without saying that this book is H-O-T!  Make sure your AC is cranked up and enjoy!  The sex was great, and totally supported by, and supported, the plot line and character development.

This was a great read that I did not want to put down.  Johnson just made your weekend by releasing this a few days early, so treat your self and download this one today!


No comments:

Post a Comment