Thursday, March 12, 2015


Title: A Taste of You

Author: Irene Preston

Publisher/GR LinkGR

Genre: MM Contemporary 

Vice: Chefs, tempers, and misunderstandings

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Lock this book up: 3 keys...sex is hot, sweet, and fits the story

Length: Novella

Satisfaction: HEA

Cover Impressions: I love it!!

Best Line: "I've been doing some thinking, about what I want in my life..."

SynopsisGarrett Ransom is America’s hot chef du jour. He has a Michelin-starred restaurant in New York City, a hit reality TV show, and a new man in his bed every week. Yes, he secretly thinks his business partner, Giancarlo “Carlo” Rotolo, is hotter than a ghost pepper, but he would never jeopardize their friendship with a fling. Then Garrett overhears some juicy gossip among the crew and realizes he’ll have to break Giancarlo’s cardinal rule, no banging the staff - for Carlo’s own good, of course. Just a taste of Carlo should be plenty. Long-term relationships aren’t on Garrett’s menu.

Giancarlo’s been in love with Garrett forever. He’s sure Garrett will eventually realize they are destined to be more than business partners. But when Garrett installs his latest boyfriend as their new chef d’cuisine and announces plans to leave Carlo in New York while he opens a second restaurant on the west coast, Carlo is forced to re-evaluate his life. 

Can a high-strung British chef and a nice Italian boy from Brooklyn find the perfect fusion of fine-dining and family-style?

Impressions: This is a really cute story, with some unique MCs and a great setting.  I am a sucker for cooking shows of all types, so when I had an opportunity to read this, I was so excited!  I admit to a love for Gordon Ramsey, and I could feel him channeled into Garrett.  Carlo stole my heart, and I loved his sweetness, his family, and his capacity for love.

What really struck me in this book is that Garrett and Carlo are both gay, and both close friends.  I love a good OFY, and a friends to lovers, but this was more than that, and it was refreshing to see two men who were gay, out, and not at all consumed with those things.  

This book had a cute cast of characters, and I loved the premise of their friendship, and I loved how believable it was when it turned to love.  I found the MCs very relatable and believable, and I loved the slow burn on the path to their love.

If you love a good cooking show, and you want to 'ship' some of the contestants on Top Chef, the don't wait- grab this today!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment