Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Book Review: A Little Bit Rock and Roll

Title: A Little Bit Rock & Roll

Author: E.M. Leya

Publisher/GR Link: Smashwords, GR

Genre: Contemporary, MM

Vice: Disability, coming out, rockstars, cowboys

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Lock this book up: 3 out of 5 stars, the sex is very hot and totally supports the story

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: HEA

Cover Impressions: Simple.  

Best Line: "He wanted Colt, felt like his life depended on this experience, yet, the thought of going back into the house where the others might see them was petrifying."

Synopsis:Kyle thought he had it all. That was until his band's tour bus becomes stranded in Wyoming during an epic snowstorm. When rancher Colt Billings offers assistance, everything Kyle thought he knew is tested and he is forced to face emotions and truths that he has managed to hide most his life.


The last thing Colt needs is an attraction to a young rock star, but ever since he opened his home to the band to wait out the storm, Kyle consumes his mind. Keeping his distance from the long-haired singer is just not an option.


When their two worlds clash, they must work through their feeling as their passion grows, and secrets threaten to end it all. Just when things look like they might work out, tragedy strikes, adding new insecurities and issues the two must overcome, making them wonder if love really is enough.

Impressions: I picked this up because I just wanted something different, and I was really pleasantly surprised.  I thought this would be a cowboy/rocker love story (and I was A-OK with that!) but it was more complex, and I right when I thought I knew what was going to happen, the story switched it up on me.  I really liked these two guys, and their bandmates/friends.  I thought they both handled the situations realistically and believably.  

This was a great story and just what I was looking for for something different, entertaining, and engaging.  The sex was hot, the characters were great, and the setting was interesting.

Give it a try!

Definitely recommended!

Review posted on Amazon and Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment